Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Course Recruitment 2019/2020: Do you want to Join the Nigerian Army? Would you like to know when the Nigerian Army (NA) Short Service Combatant (SSC) will commence its recruitment form? If yes, it is for your interest that we shall guide and update you on how to apply successfully for the ongoing Nigerian army SSC Recruitment exercise.
This is to inform the GENERAL PUBLIC that the Nigerian Army (NA) is currently recruiting for suitably qualified applicants for enlistment as Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission officers. Interested candidates should secure this opportunity using the guide on this page.
The Nigerian Army (NA) Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission Application Form is open to both Male and Female civilians/serving military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
Nigerian Army SSC Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 23 and 27 by January 2019.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA Standards.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanding officers. Civilians could be recommended by a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the state of the applicant. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from any recognized institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption as the case may be.
- Only academic credentials obtained from 2013 to date will be considered.
- Candidates must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- Candidates must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/society/fraternity.
Conditions of Service:
SSC will be granted for 15 years. Ten years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period not more than 5 years. No extension shall be granted after the fifteenth year of commission except on conversion to regular combatant commission where applicable.
- Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of second lieutenant.
- Conversion to regular combatant commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Short Service Combatant Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- The reckonable period of service will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training of both civilian and military personnel entrants.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Course Recruitment 2019
The mode of application is online, interested candidates should visit the official recruitment portal or website @ https://www.nigerianarmyms.ng/ to register.
Applications are to be made online free of charge from the 19th of October 2018.
- Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng to create an account.
- Read the qualification criteria.
- From the home page, select SSC application.
- On successful registration, you will receive an email notification containing your login details.
- Click on ‘Login’ to complete the application form.
- Ensure all required documents are uploaded:
– Passport photograph.
– Educational certificates.
– Evidence of membership of any professional body.
– Certificate of state of origin.
– Birth certificate or age declaration.
Print Out: Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by a Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from your state. Successful applicants would be required to present their printed photo-slips to the selection board during interview.
Application Closing Date:
30th of November 2018.
- Nigerian Army Massive Jobs Recruitment 2018/2019
- FRSC Releases List Of Successful Candidates 2018
- Nigerian Army 78RRI State Screening Examination Date & Centres
- Nigerian Army Shortlisted Candidates for Pre-Screening Exam 2018/2019
- Names Of Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army 77RRI Recruitment 2018