DPR Past Questions and Answers 2019/2020: This is to inform all candidates that applied for Department of Petroleum Resources recruitment exercise that the computer based aptitude test for all shortlisted candidates. If you applied for the department of petroleum resources recruitment, this post will guide and provide you with DPR Aptitude Test Past Questions & Answers 2019.
The DPR Aptitude Test Questions comprises of quantitative reasoning, physics, engineering, further maths, geology, economics, history, chemistry, current affairs, general knowledge etc. below are the past questions for the DPR Recruitment Aptitude test/examination.
DPR Past Questions and Answers
1) When walking, a certain person takes 16 complete steps in 10 seconds. At this rate, how many complete steps does the person take in 72 seconds?
A. 45 B. 78 C. 86 D. 90 E. 115
2) In computer jargon, what do you understand by ROM? In computer jargon, what do you understand by ROM?
A. Read Only Memory
B. Random Only Memory
C. Real Output Memory
D. Read Output Memory
3) A body is floating in seawater with 2/3 of its volume above the surface. The weight of the displaced water is?
A. Less than the weight of the body
B. Equal to the weight of the body
C. More than the weight of the body
D. Not enough information provided.
Questions 4 – 9 refer to the following: A tank is a vertical cylinder with inside diameter of 6ft and a height of 15ft.
4) What is the volume of liquid in cubic feet if we fill the tank to one foot high?
A. 28.27 ft3
B. 18.8 ft3
C. 113.1 ft3
D. 424.1 ft3.
5) What is the total volume of the tank in cubic feet?
A. 1686.5 ft3
B. 442.5 ft3
C. 424.1 ft3
D. 847.5 ft3.
6) What is the volume of water in cubic ft in the tank if a measure stick indicates the water surface is 6 feet below the top of the tank?
A. 170.2 ft3
B. 254.4 ft3
C. 1017.9 ft3
D. 678.6 ft3.
7) What is the weight in pounds of the tank, as in the above case, if the tank itself weighs 20 lbs per ft of height?
A. 63,424 lbs
B. 42,241 lbs
C. 16,151 lbs
D. 10,605 lbs.
8) How much water in gallons would have to be removed to reduce the total weight of the tank plus water, as in the above case, by 20%?
A. 388 gals
B. 3,230 gals
C. 2,121 gals
D. 626 gals.
9) What would be the new level of the water, as measured from the top of the tank, if the water in the above case (equivalent of 20% of total weight) is removed?
A. 10.4 ft
B. 12.7 ft
C. 7.1 ft
D. 7.8 ft.
10) If everybody at a party shook hands with each other, and there was a total of 66 handshakes. How many people attended the party?
For questions 11 to 13, four words or phrases have been underlined in each sentence. Please choose the one word or phrase, which is incorrect in standard written English.
11) To John, as well as I, it is extremely beneficial to make friends with people from
– -A -B -C
other countries and to ask them about their cultures.
– – – – – -D
12) Before making a plan for the weekend, most people listen to the weather forecast
– – – -A -B
even though they know hardly nothing about the factors that affect the weather.
– – – – -C -D
13) The circumstances under which the operation took place were unbelievable in that
– – – -A -B -C
the doctor didn’t even using antiseptic.
– – – -D
For questions 14 to 18, select the correct preposition or adverb:
14) He insisted _____ seeing the documents.
15) It never occurred _____ me to ask him for proof of his identity.
16) I object to being kept waiting. Why can’t you be _____ time?
17) I was _____ the impression that I had paid you for the work you did for me.
18) Buying presents for children is sometimes very difficult. ___ the end I bought a kite for Tom.
19) What are two safety precautions that should be taken before driving your car?
20) In computer jargon, what do you understand by CPU?
A. Computer Processing Unit
B. Computer Procedure Utility
C. Central Processing Unit
D. Central Power Unit
21) The five cogs are turning in the same direction and at the same speed. Which two will clash at a given moment?
(A.) A and B (B.) B and C (C.) C and D (D.) D and E
22) What is the equation for Ohm’s law?
A. V = IR
B. V = I/R
C. R = VI
D. I = VR
23) In direct current I = 3A, R = 4W. Calculate V;
A. 1.33 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
24) What becomes V if we use 2 resistors of 4W in parallel?
A. 2.66 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
25) Which of the following pair of countries consist of the permanent security council of UN
A. Brazil, Germany, France, USA, China
B. France, China, USSR, USA, Britain
C. France, Britain, Brazil, New Zealand
D. France, Germany, Japan, China
26) In order to qualify for the post of President in Nigeria the person must be _____ and above
A. 35 years
B. 20 years
C. 40 years
D. 55 years
27) The name Nigeria coined out of _______
A. Niger Forest
B. Niger Area
C. Niger River
D. Niger Textures
28) The first Inspector General of the Police Force was
A. Teslim Balogun
B. Louis Edet
C. Ademola Adetokunbo
D. Mike Okiro
In the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by five lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
29) COLOR: SPECTRUM
A. tone: scale
B. sound: waves
C. verse: poem
D. dimension: space
30) Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word DIFFUSE:
For questions 31 to 37, select the correct answer:
31) I don’t know_____.
A. where is your pen
B. where your pen is
C. where your is pen
D. where is the pen of yours
32) If you want to see him, ______.
A. please let me know
B. let me to know please
C. please let me know
D. let me please to be known
33) _______, the little girl ran out of the yard.
A. Being afraid of the dog
B. The dog she is afraid of
C. The dog has been afraid of
D. Was being afraid of the dog
34) The manager_____ here at 4 p.m.
A. is supposing to arrive
B. is supposed to arrive
C. will suppose to arrive
D. is supposed to be arrived
35) Due to the devaluation, many people have become rich, but many others _______.
B. have been ruined
C. have ruined
D. would have ruined
36) The man has been hospitalized since yesterday ______.
A. because his serious wound
B. because of his serious wound
C. because of his seriously wound
D. because his wound seriously
37) Your suggestion, ______, is beneficial to both the company and the employees.
A. different than his
B. as well as he
C. as he is
D. like his
In the sentence below, choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
38) Early _____ of hearing loss is ______ by the fact that the other senses are able to compensate for moderate amounts of loss so that people frequently do not know that their hearing is imperfect.
(A) discovery … indicated
(B) development … prevented
(C) detection … complicated
(D) treatment … facilitated
For questions 39 to 42, choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets:
39) I usually go by train, but this weekend I am going by bus. It (take) longer but it costs less.
C. is taken
D. will take
40) I (not think) your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps looking at his watch.
A. doesn’t think
B. didn’t think
C. don’t think
D. am not thinking
41) The hall (be) painted at the moment, so it isn’t looking its best.
A. is being
C. is to be
D. will be
42) At present, I’m having my typewriter (repair).
C. is repaired
D. being repaired
43) If x = y – 9, and y – 4 = 10, x = ?
D. A and B
44) What is the force in pounds exerted upwards on a piston with a diameter of 4 inches if a gauge indicates the internal pressure in the cylinder is 1000 psi?
A. 4000 lbs
B. 250 lbs
C. 50,266 lbs
D. 12,566 lbs
45) What is the weight in kilograms of a string of pipe that is 11,500 ft long and weighs .33 pounds per inch?
A. 1,725 kg
B. 20,700 kg
C. 45,540 kg
D. 3795 kg
46) How much time in minutes will it take a car driving at 90 km/hr to travel 27 kilometers?
A. 3.3 minutes
B. 2430 minutes
C. 18 minutes
D. 0.3 minutes
47) What is the total capacity in gallons of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 liters per foot?
A. 3281 gal
B. 1000 gal
C. 867 gal
D. 8670 gal
48) If the motor M rotates in the direction shown by the arrow as illustrated in the diagram below, what is going on?
A. 1 and 2 are going down
B. 1 goes up and 2 goes down
C. 1 and 2 are going up
D. 1 goes down and 2 goes up
49) For the system in the diagram below to be in equilibrium, what is the mass of P in pounds? The mass at the other end of the beam is 5 kg.
A. 5.5 lb
B. 2.8 kg
C. 10 kg
D. none of these
50) These 3 wells have been drilled with a mud of specific gravity of 1.25 gr/cm3. In which well A, B or C, will the highest hydrostatic bottom hole pressure be recorded?
A. Well A
B. Well B
C. Well C
D. All three will have equal bottom hole pressure
51) If the density of A is greater than the density of B. What is going to happen?
A. If P floats in liquid A, it will also float in B.
B. If P floats in liquid B, it may or may not float in A, depending on the density of P.
C. If P sinks in B, it will sink in A also.
D. None of the above answers are correct.
52) For the circuit shown below, if V=380VAC and the bulb is rated at 170VAC, 5W, what is the resistance R that should be connected in series to the bulb?
A. 6500 ohms
B. 7000 ohms
C. 7145 ohms
D. 5780 ohms
53) If we increase the voltage across a DC motor, then the motor speed will?
C. stay same
54) What will be the output voltage of two 12V batteries connected in series?
A. 12 V
B. 6 V
C. 24 V
D. no voltage
55) What will be the output voltage of two 12V batteries connected in parallel?
A. 12 V
B. 6 V
C. 24 V
D. no voltage
56) In computer jargon, what do you understand by RAM?
A. Read Access Memory
B. Random Access Memory
C. Real Access Memory
D. Random Acquired Memory.
57) A model of an atom which contains 24 electrons, 25 protons, and 26 neutrons has some of its particles inside a nucleus at the center of the model. What is the nucleon number (mass number) of the atom?
In the distance-time graph for two cyclists A and B below, the cyclists start a 500 m race together but finish the race at different times.
58) What is the distance between A and B at time t = 20s.
59) Calculate the difference in the time taken by A and B for the race.
Note: To download the full PDF version of DPR Past Questions and Answers, kindly contact us using the comment box below:
Thank you for reading this article, kindly subscribe to our newsletter below. Join our Social Media platform, like us on Facebook or follow Twitter button.
Prime News Nigeria