African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Recruitment Program 2018: The decision to become an AU-YV is a life-changing decision opening opportunities to serve in a community other than your own and assist in local development efforts. Africa needs a qualified workforce every year in all areas and professional sectors. Youth volunteering has contributed significantly to the development of most advanced economies and contributes substantially to annual GDP. In Africa, youth volunteering not only contributes directly to the development of the continent, but it would also be a way to direct and meaningful youth participation and training.
As a volunteer, in addition to applying your skills and knowledge to solve daily challenges, you acquire a critical international work experience and gain a lot of leadership and soft skills, develop your self and gain new skills.
The most important thing is that you will learn a new culture, experience a new lifestyle and get to know a new African country and its people apart from yours. This experience would guarantee your life and remain in your memory for the rest of your life.
- Your duties and responsibilities would mainly be to serve the community, organization or institution where you will be deployed. This will be in relation to your field of study or past experience.
- At present, the main areas of focus for AUYV are: Education; Health and HIV/ AIDS, Peace and Security, Information and Communications Technology, Business and Youth Entrepreneurship, Agriculture and Environment.
- During your deployment, your overall objective shall remain to bring a lasting and sustainable impact and benefits to your host community/ organization and promote the spirit of volunteerism and values of service.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is change driven and has passion for development,
- Have great deal of leadership skills and can guide others,
- Is flexible, independent, and has sense of humor,
- Self-motivated and has interest in volunteer work,
- Has the absorptive capacity to learning on the job,
- Remains productive under pressure and in challenging environments,
- Appreciates and respects other languages, cultures, religious and social norms,
- Has a great deal of social networking skills.
This would require you to demonstrate leadership, discipline and dedication throughout your service and especially during challenging and difficult times.
Who Can Apply
In order to be considered for this program, you must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- You must be an African Citizen or you are of African Decent (African Diaspora with non-African Citizenship)
- You are age 18 34
- You have at least a post-secondary certified training and qualifications (Bachelor equivalent) with above average performance
- Available to dedicate minimum of 12 (twelve) months to 24 (twentyfour) months for volunteer work
- Good knowledge of at least one official AU languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and willing to learn others
- Verifiable minimum of one year of volunteer and one year of work experience
- You have an up to date and chronologically complete Curriculum Vitae (please click on Sample CV for reference)
Your deployment will be a minimum of 12 months and however shall not exceed 24 months.
Application Closing Date:
How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit AU youth volunteer program jobs portal
Click here to apply online
- Finance Associate Recruitment at PwC Nigeria
- 9mobile Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment 2018
- Dangote Group Fresh Job Recruitment 2018
- KPMG Nigeria Recruitment 2018/2019 And How to Apply
- Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Recruitment 2018/2019
- Investment One Graduate Trainee Recruitment Programme 2018
- Benin Electricity Distribution Plc (BEDC) Graduate Trainees Recruitment 2018
For complaint or assistant on how to apply for African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Recruitment Program 2018, kindly notify us using the comment box below:
Prime News Nigeria